Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What freeware do you recommend?
A: Please see the Recommended Freeware page of this web site.
Q: Why should I hire Private PC Doctor ™ instead of service providers such as The Geek Squad ™, Tech Depot Services ™ or Teknoforce ™?
A: There are two main reasons:
- Consistency – When you call one of these service providers usually you will NOT get the same technician when you call them for a new problem; and
- Personalized Service – Utilizing the same person consistently will allow them to get to know your personal needs in much the same way a regular physician gets to know you. Personalized service by Private PC Doctor ™ will allow quicker more efficient service should another problem occur. Using the ‘other’ providers with ‘different’ technicians each time means that it will take longer for them to understand your situation and ultimately resolve your problems. Besides – would you like to see a different physician each time you are sick? I know I would not.
Q: Why do you not offer ‘fixed’ rates for residential customers?
A: There are several reasons for this:
- Service providers that utilize fixed rates will not offer the same high quality personalized service you will receive from Private PC Doctor ™;
- If your problem requires only 15 minutes to be fixed, you will still be charged a standard fee from other service providers. Private PC Doctor ™ fees are rounded to the nearest 15 minute increment, so you will never pay for more than the time it takes to fix your particular problem;
- Most PC problems are unpredictable. Because of this a standard rate will always be inflated to put the odds in a service provider’s favor. Private PC Doctor’s ™ hourly rates are reasonable when compared to the hourly rates of most service providers and therefore we feel it serves the interests of you and us to be paid for the time being spent;
- Most PC’s have more than one problem; therefore service providers who utilize a fixed rate plan will charge for each service being performed which can end up being more costly than paying an hourly rate in the first place.
Q: What if I cannot afford to risk a ‘long’ job at hourly rates?
A: If in our professional opinion the problem can not be fixed within a reasonable amount of time, you will be told that before any work is started. If you decline the work all you will be expected to pay is a minimum travel charge of $35 (if applicable.) If this occurs you will still receive our FREE services such as interior vacuuming etc.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: PayPal, Cash and Checks are all acceptable forms of payment.
Please note: If your check bounces or is not honored for any reason, a bounced check fee of $35 will be assessed and all future payments must be in cash. If the original fees for the rendered service and the bounced check fee are not paid within 5 days, legal action will be taken.
Q: What rates do you offer small business customers?
A: Private PC Doctor ™ rates for small businesses can either be fixed bid pricing or time and materials. Which rate is used will depend on the type of work being done. Please Contact Us so we can assess your needs and give you a quote.